Case PowerPoint Presentation
Most cases settle before trial or during trial prior to the jury rendering a verdict. We have taken approximately 50 cases to verdict, representing only a fraction of those that were taken to trial. Some of our largest plaintiffs’ verdicts include:
- $13.6 million dollars in Chemung County for a boy born at 28 weeks gestation who had spastic quadriparesis cerebral palsy. The jury found that the doctor and hospital negligently failed to detect preterm labor, and used medication to avoid the prematurity.
- $8 million dollars in Queens County for a girl born with cerebral palsy after her mother’s complaints of decreased movement were ignored by her Obstetrician who then delayed a cesarean section once fetal distress was present.
- $5 million dollars in Queens County for a boy with cerebral palsy due to trauma at birth where the doctor applied pressure to the mother’s abdomen to deliver the head.
- $3.7 million dollars in Kings County for the wrongful death of a 36-year-old man due to the failure of an ambulance crew to defibrillate him when he experienced a cardiac arrest on the ride from his home to the hospital.
- $2.9 million dollars in Suffolk County for a girl with cerebral palsy where the doctor failed to recognize evidence of fetal distress on the fetal heart monitor tracing and delivering the baby by cesarean section.
- $2 million dollars in Nassau County for the wrongful death of a 50-year-old man due to prosthetic valve endocarditis. The defendant physicians were negligent by providing antibiotics only for gram-positive organisms. The infection was caused by a gram-negative organism and by the time the cultures identified the organism and the antibiotics were changed, it was too late.
- $4.4 million dollars for a 4-year-old child who suffered severe brain damage from a negligent failure to treat asthma.
- $4 million dollars for an infant who experienced brain damage and blindness during surgery to repair heart defects without cardiopulmonary bypass.
- $2.1 million dollars for a newborn child who has cerebral palsy due to a delay in performing a cesarean section
- $1.9 million dollars for a 41-year-old woman who has mild brain damage because of negligence during surgery to repair a bleeding brain aneurysm.
- $1.4 million dollars for the husband and daughters of a 33-year-old woman whose death due to lung cancer was caused by a negligent delay in diagnosis and treatment.
- $1.25 million dollars to the wife and daughters of a 45-year-old man who died because of a negligent failure to diagnose and treat diabetic ketoacidosis.
- $3.3 million dollars for a child born with severe brain damage and $250,000 for his mother who sustained a ruptured uterus and hysterectomy, all caused by the negligent delay in performing a cesarean section delivery due to fetal distress.
- $1.4 million dollars for daughter of a 19-year-old woman died two days after giving birth to her because the doctor who performed the delivery left the hospital after delivery, although the mother had evidence of kidney and liver failure, and did not return despite repeated calls from the nurses.